Campus news

Campus+news

Deadline for scholarships

During the 2021 school year, McHenry County College awarded 614 scholarships to 579 students, totaling up to $531,000. Not many students are aware of the scholarship opportunities but should look into them on the MCC Scholarships page — https://www.mchenry.edu/scholarships/

With the fall semester half over, MCC has their Spring 2023 Scholarship Application open until Oct. 10 at 4 p.m. Following the closing of that application, the school will be hosting their 55th Anniversary Gala, at Goebbert’s, to help raise money to provide scholarships to students.

It is recommended by staff members to keep up with the scholarship page and watch out for any opportunities to apply for scholarships to save money. There are many different types of scholarships to apply to, including; Education Empowerment, Purple Pride Relief Fund, MCC Alumni Fund Scholarship, Women in Transition, and many more.

Much like the Spring 2023 Scholarship Application, many of these scholarships’ deadlines are in October, so go apply while you can!

— By Kyla Henige 

Job, internship fair

MCC will be hosting a job and internship fair on Thursday, Oct. 13. This event is free for students, community members, and alumni. Connect with local employers that are seeking interns, part- and full-time employees. Work with career services to help create your resume, upload it to Hire A Scot, and get ready for the interview. Dress nicely, bring you resume, and bring in a positive attitude. For more information or to register for the event, go to https://www.mchenry.edu/jobfair/

— By Zach Mears

Explore all that’s green at the expo

If you are interested in learning about local food options, eco-friendly businesses in the McHenry County area, and more visit the 15th annual Green Living Expo, Saturday, Nov. 5  around the MCC campus. There will be information on and eco-friendly shopping, energy saving, and sustainable principles for daily life. There will be professionals there that can give information on how to work with eco-friendly businesses. There will also be food trucks and the 2,500 gallon fish tank is returning. And if you are not able to attend in person, virtual booths for each company will be up for six months after the expo. Come and join MCC students, staff, and community members —  there’s something for everyone at the Green Living Expo.

— By Seth Rowe