Campus News

MCC Black Box Theatre Premieres “What’s All This, Then?” March 5th

The newest production at McHenry County College, “What’s All This, Then?” by Bill Daniel, is set to open March 5.

The play follows Constable Madage Barker and her colleagues, Constable Simone Blockly and Detective Inspector Butterworth, as they are investigating a recent band of cat-nappings. During their investigation, the local mayor and a reporter named Leslie Twist attempt to get in the way.

“What’s All This, Then?” was written by Bill Daniel, a Chicago-based actor, playwright, and MCC alum. The play is directed by Jay Geller (Kildeer), with assistant director Kathryn A. McCord (Crystal Lake), set design by Chris Gray (Crystal Lake), lighting design by Maxwell Robey (Woodstock), lighting supervisor Rick Amundsen (Woodstock), costume design by Kathy Bruhnke (Woodstock), and stage manager Annelise Loser (Woodstock).

“What’s All This, Then?” runs March 12-14, and 19-21. All shows begin at 7 pm. Tickets are $10 for all MCC students, employees, seniors, veterans, and alumni. For the general public, the cost of admission is $15. For reservations or more information, please call (815) 455-8746.

“What’s All This, Then?” contains adult language.

— By Andrew Fox

Secure your Spring Scholarships Before it’s Too Late

McHenry County College offers many scholarships that can be awarded to exceptional achievers or students in need of financial aid. Academic and athletic scholarships are the two most popular types. They are called opportunity scholarships, because they give students opportunities to be successful with a little help from MCC.

There are approximately 97 Scholarships that are up for grabs this semester for students. One of the many scholarships offered this semester is the Graphic Arts Scholarship. This award is applied to tuition only, and the deadline for submission to win the scholarship is April 7th, 2020. You must have at least a 2.5 GPA and   to be able to win the scholarship.

You can find a full list of the scholarships MCC awards to students at https://www.mchenry.edu/financialaid/scholarships.asp

— By Sam Pederson