The Tartan

Radio Club brings music to the ears on campus

By Bryan Stockwell, Staff Writer

Radio isn’t as relevant today as it was 30 years ago but it still exists. On the campus of McHenry County College, Jim Stockwell advises a club called Student Radio.

I had the pleasure to talk to Stockwell at the Student Organizational Fair in September. He is a former radio announcer and does little jobs such as announcing some Little League baseball games.  What the club does is play the radio throughout the commons and main lobby at McHenry County College to settle the mood for students enjoying time off from class, getting a bite to eat, or  socializing with one another. It is a small club as it only has two students so far, Emma and Auggie. The club meets whenever necessary, which could be one to four days a week. It is very simple to join as all you have to do is talk to Stockwell. If you are nervous to talk to people, no worries because it isn’t talk radio — just music. The lack of members could be due to the fact that there is no facility for the radio show to use at this time.

“Radio is a fun and exciting industry that constantly changing and evolving,” Stockwell said.

If you are interested in doing anything radio related, talk to Jim Stockwell  [email protected] as his personality might bring out the best in you.

1 Comment

One Response to “Radio Club brings music to the ears on campus”

1. Guinevere Mathey on October 11th, 2017 12:41 pm

I want to know how long it took Bryan to book the interview with Jim. Lol! Nice job Tartan! Looks GREAT!!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of McHenry County College