The Tartan

Baseball team features some top ranked players

By Andrew Engelking, Staff Writer

Perfect Game is a big name in the baseball world. They provide large tournaments
and showcases for players looking to grow in the baseball world. Both college and Major League Baseball scouts work with Perfect Game to help players in getting the opportunity to play at the next level.
By creating lists of the country’s best players and compiling statistics, Perfect Game is widely
known by the biggest MLB organizations and top college programs. One of the most recent
rankings created was for the top division two junior college incoming freshmen baseball
players in the country.
McHenry County College has the honor of hosting two players that were listed. Tristan Kellogg, an incoming freshman from Rockford  was ranked number 54 in the country as a pitcher. Kellogg is recovering from a back injury and is looking to improve.
“It’s scary being out on the mound and knowing my back could break at any given
moment but I can’t let that stop me,” Kellogg said.
The other Scot that was listed was Jeff Heinrich at 109, an incoming freshman from Huntley,  Heinrich has been a popular name in McHenry County, known as one of the best baseball players in McHenry County after leading Huntley High School to a sectional championship in back-to-back years, winning the sectional
title his junior year. Heinrich is looking to enter the MLB draft within the next few years and is already on a few MLB teams’ radar.